I painted and made this sarong quite a few years ago.
The pattern was drafted with low legs, because Cindy has slim hips and legs.
You will need the following:
Good quality swimwear lycra
14 mm width swimwear elastic for the neckline
1 cm width elastic for the legs
5 mm to 1 cm width elastic for the underbust (empire line)
Polybones or Rigilene boning for the side of the bra.
Stretch Needle and 4 mm Twin Stretch Needle
Floss for the overlocker
1. Pin bra panel and bra lining wrong side together. Staystitch upper edge 16 mm from the raw edges. Trim excess lining close to the stitching line.
2. Gather both layers between the markings.
3. Make the bra loop by folding the piece in half lengthwise and right sides together. Stitch the long edge and turn to the right side.
4. Pin the loop to the bra.
5. With right sides together, pin/tack the bra to the front bottom panel
and overlock together.
6. Cut the underbust elastic and mark it as illustrated.
Place the elastic on the seam allowance.
7. Tack the ends of the elastic to avoid having pins close to the overlocker cutting knife. Overlock the elastic to the fabric layers.
8. Push the seam allowance upwards and stitch it down with the twin needle.
9. Sew the centre back seams together.
10. Pin the gusset lining right side, to the wrong side of the back panel. Tack and overlock together.
11. With right sides together, pin/tack the front and back panels together and overlock the sides.
13. Quarter pin mark the neck and neck elastic and overlock together.
14. Quarter pin mark the legs and elastic and overlock it together.
15. Use the twin needle to stitch the neckline and legs seams down.
16. Bring the bra loop up and around the centre front of the bra. Pin and stitch it in place with a small zigzag stitch.
Subscribe, like the facebook page and a multi sized pdf pattern, for a low cut or high leg style pattern, will be emailed to you.
Have a great week further!