I found great inspiration for capes on Pinterest and decided to use my piece of Herringbone for a cape, rather then a coat.
The fabric is quite thick, so I opted for the unlined version.
The pattern is self drafted.
I made bias binding from satin for all the edges.
For the belt loops, I made buttonholes first, then covered it with binding.
I used a flat-felled seam on the shoulder seam.
I am sure I will get quite a bit of use out of this cape this winter.
The owner of this blog may be compensated as a result of your actions originating from this blog. Some of the links to third party websites may be referral links, and as such the webmaster stands to earn a commission from any resulting purchase.